Character Technical Director
- Create versatile character rigs and animation interfaces to suit the requirements of the production.
- Sculpt blendshapes and create character facial rigs.
- Create rigs for props and locations.
- Test the rigs before handing over to animation team.
- Troubleshoot and improve the rigs in response to feedback from other departments.
- At least 3 years of extensive experience in character setup for animation or film industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Animation, Computer Science or other relevant areas of study, OR demonstrable skill set in rigging and tool development.
- Experience in developing tools using Maya API and/or MEL to improve the productivity of the process of character animation.
- Experience in setting up cloth/hair/dynamic simulation rigs is a bonus.
- Proficiency in MEL and/or Python and/or Maya API and/or C++.
- Able to communicate in a professional and friendly manner with co-workers.
- Must be able to multi task and handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Good understanding of polygonal mesh flow and how it relates to deformation.
- Good sculpting/modeling skills with the ability to translate 2D concept expression sheets into 3D blendshape targets.
- Good aesthetic sense to sculpt appealing blendshape targets when concept expression sheets are not provided.
- Appreciation for physics and kinematics.
- An eye for detail and the ability to troubleshoot and solve rig issues for artists from various disciplines.
Besides skills and qualifications, here are some other pre-requisites for the job:
You should be able to take deadline-related pressure and be committed to the job. If you have what it takes, we would like to extend a warm invitation for you to join us.
If you are interested in the position listed, please do send in your Curriculum Vitae via the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- Please take note that ONLY selected candidates will be notified.
- Walk-in and/or phone-in applicants are strongly discouraged.
- We would only consider job applications via emails.