Sparky Animation has recently re-located to 12 Harper Road. A bigger and brighter space for all to come together as one.
We look forward to a blissful and successful journey in our new office.
Sparky Animation is thrilled to announce the set up of a new subsidiary company in Subang Jaya, Malaysia by March 2014.
Sparky Animation (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd, will be located at the following address:
Suites B-6-1 to 8, Sky Park, One City,
Jalan USJ 25/1A, 47650 Subang Jaya,
The new modernistic space is also home to a mega shopping mall, hotel, fitness centre, restaurants and cinemas, which is conveniently located near airports and major highways. The landmark is also just a 25 minute drive from all major destinations, including Kuala Lumpur City Centre.
By July 2014, the studio would amount to 14,579 sq.ft, with a targeted manpower strength of 120 by December 2014.
Interested applicants may apply via the following address:
As a Business Development Manager, you play a critical role in leading and driving the company’s financial growth. Your mission is to improve the company’s market position, increase the company’s bottom line, attract and pursue new clients as well as identify, analyze, recommend and execute value creation opportunities (such as a new revenue stream, a new market and/or new business venture or tie-up). Leveraging on your extensive experience and knowledge of the Animation Industry, your responsibility ranges from identifying the likely selling points of a project, ascertain the potential of properties, create new revenue streams while expanding the market of existing properties through innovative marketing strategies, tapping into the expertise or tie-up with business partner(s) or exploitation of the changing trends, etc, while developing strategic plans and sales strategies to undertake, negotiate and close those business deals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establish business development strategies and long-term plans to expand the company’s market shares, business revenue and company’s client portfolio in the Animation Industry, with primary focus on service-for-hire contracts, co-production projects, identification of potentially lucrative properties and establishment of new business ventures (such as Joint-Venture) including acquisition of, or merger with another company.
- Be responsible to administer and execute business development strategies in order to prospect for sales leads and solicit for new accounts. Professionally pursue these sales leads and translate them into sales.
- Oversee and manage the full sales cycle from identifying prospective business opportunities, liaising with stakeholders, driving the negotiation, closing the deal to administrative processes (such as invoicing, payment tracking, etc), and works in conjunction with the operations team to ensure implementation of operational delivery processes.
- Manage customer accounts and build relationships and rapport with key decision makers within customer base, while continually build and develop new business opportunities.
- Discuss annual targets and business strategies with the management team, through appraisal of the developments and trends in the Animation Industry.
- Prepare sales status reports, such as reports on sales forecasts, sales leads and projects, including activity reports with respect to deal closings, follow-up and achievement of goals made or sales targets.
- The candidate should ideally possess a good Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or any relevant field with more than 5 years of experience in Sales and Marketing preferably with proven track-record in a similar role in the Media Industry.
- It is essential that the candidate has prior international work experience and has a network and access to key executives in multi-national corporations.
- Possess engaging and highly effective inter-personal skills that cultivate and grow lasting business relationships both internally and externally, with a strong grasp of the English language (both written and verbal) and one other major commercial language as the Animation Industry players are universal.
- He/she must be people-centric, result oriented and have the ability to take ownership and set personal goals and priorities
- Must be a self starter, highly motivated, possess strong negotiation skills, good business acumen and the ability to respond and react effectively when under pressure.
He/she is accountable for delivering license sales or revenues from program distribution and royalties to character licensing and merchandising, and assuring that all licensed products meet the level of quality as demanded by the Sparky Animation Brand. He/she is responsible for negotiating the distribution, agency or license agreements, and any changes thereon. On a daily basis, the Licensing Manager works closely with the Licensing and Merchandising Team, marketing, design, development and creative teams, to assure full implementation of Sparky’s L&M Strategies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The candidate will be responsible for achieving sales target for license sales from program distribution and royalties for licensing and merchandising (L&M) business and ensure profitable growth. You will ensure all licensed products meet the quality standard and responsible for negotiating the distribution, agency or license agreement. Working closely with the L&M team in marketing, design, development and creative department, you will manage and implement Sparky’s L&M Strategies.
- Develop and implement Company’s Marketing and Communication strategies including Intellectual Properties for L&M business.
- Optimize revenue generation from a portfolio of Intellectual Properties to meet or exceed revenue plan and assure compliance with all contractual obligations from distributors, agents, and licensees.
- Define licensing scope and costing, in-line with company’s corporate strategy relative to new revenue models, opportunities, and new business segments, collaboration with vertical markets, and initiate the development of contracting process from drafting of legal agreements, reviewing of the terms, to final approval and signatures.
- Manage and integrate efficiently, the application of policy and processes into and across L&M business unit
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with senior managers and external partners, distributors, agents, and licensees to develop and manage activities and promotion to achieve company’s objectives.
- A focal contact person for Accounting, you will be responsible to implement and manage post transactions sales and license fee payment, track and record all sources of revenue.
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Sales, or any related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in licensing, marketing, or related business.
- Prior experience in negotiating legal contracts and other legal documents.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of license agreements.
- Excellent communication skills in digital presentations.
- Experience in strategic business planning, development and execution.
- Ability to operate and lead a fast paced environment.
- Passionate about animation entertainment.
- Strong creative instincts and understanding of the media industry.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead a licensing and merchandising team.
The Licensing and Merchandising Director is a strategic global marketer to drive Sparky’s vision of global programme distribution on all of the company’s intellectual properties, (i.e. TV series, movies, etc.) to commercialize these assets/properties and create Sparky’s personalized brand worldwide. He/she will define and execute marketing initiatives and in conjunction with the objectives set for global distribution, the Director will build a cohesive and actionable global Marketing Plan for Sparky’s Assets/Properties, leveraging on the best practices of the industry around the world. Partnering with internal and external resources, he/she is to develop and execute integrated programs and drive the development of a compelling, cohesive Licensing and Merchandising Campaign that would enhance and grow the excitement of Sparky’s Intellectual Properties around the globe.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the CEO of Sparky Animation, the Licensing and Merchandising Director will also work closely with other senior executives (i.e. L & M Managers, Marketing Manager, Creative Development & Design, etc.) in the overall implementation of the L&M strategy of Sparky.
- Negotiate and secure licensing deals encompassing all aspects of Sparky’s Intellectual Properties on programme distribution, merchandising, and character licensing across all territories.
- Work with regional and global intellectual properties and/or programme distribution networks and to pro-actively manage/protect Sparky’s intellectual properties.
- Work closely with L&M Managers, to identify potential licensees, and to assist them in deal structuring and in determining the license scope.
- Identify and perform analytics related to sales trends, category performance, working capital (payables, receivables & inventory) for both on site operations and online sales.
- Oversea the L&M Department/Division of Sparky, and establish departmental KPIs, metric targets and benchmarks for analyzing performance and advice on visual merchandising strategies, merchandise assortment and promotional efforts.
- Actively manage and seek out incremental revenue opportunities.
- Manage partnerships with Broadcasters, oversee and evaluate the Company’s worldwide operations in terms of revenue commitments, opening of new markets and expansion of product categories of existing channels.
- Coordinate with key internal departments/divisions in planning and execution of global marketing strategies. (i.e. Finance and Accounting, Creative Department, Production, Marketing, etc. )
- Manage multiple projects from beginning to end and be able meet deadlines.
- Deliver revenue and other financial targets for the year.
- A Degree in Marketing, Advertising or any related field. An MBA or advanced degree is highly desirable.
- Excellent leadership and team building/management skills.
- Expertise in planning, prioritizing, and goal setting including the ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency and create detailed action plans.
- Capable of shaping a clear strategic vision with the ability to provide clear and concise directions/feedback to external and internal stakeholders as well as the ability to influence others.
- Must be a seasoned and strategic business executive with proven track record in the following areas:
- Experience in marketing organizations with an in-depth working knowledge of the global consumer and/or entertainment landscape and a successful record of delivering programs that meet or exceed corporate revenue goals.
- 8+ years of brand strategy/marketing experiences preferably in supporting a global brand or property.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of intellectual properties and in developing comprehensive merchandising and intellectual property character licensing initiatives.
- Experience in program licensing projects with broadcasters and/or TV networks.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To serve as customer support in manning the main hotline. To follow up on all requests pertaining to telephone inquiries.
- To serve as a public relations executive for meet and greet sessions in the office. To attend to any visitor and handle their respective needs appropriately.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail, incoming courier and/or delivery items to the appropriate addressee or department. Coordinate and attend to outgoing mail, parcel(s), document(s), and/or other item(s) for both local and overseas dispatch. To handle all logistics matters responsibly and diligently.
- Perform other general clerical duties such as photocopying, scanning, faxing and filing.
- Coordinate the booking schedule of the meeting room.
- Making travel reservations, i.e. booking of air ticket, hotel and visa application (if necessary)
- Assist in coordination of office function and special event(s) such as Licensing & Merchandising promotional activities.
- To provide support to the Animation Production unit in matters pertaining to logistics.
- You should possess at least an “O” level certificate or equivalent, with at least three (3) years’ of work experiences in general office responsibilities.
- You should be Bi-Lingual in English and Mandarin (both written and oral), to communicate with our counter-parts, and be an articulate and a good communicator
- Possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with great planning skills.
- Possess the ability to operate standard office equipment, including computers, telephone system, typewriter, calculator, photocopy machine and facsimile machine.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Meticulous, organized, methodical and thorough when executing tasks.
- Self-motivated, friendly and helpful.
- The diversity of the responsibilities requires you to be a well rounder and a team player.
- February 2018
- November 2017
- October 2017
- July 2017
- April 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- July 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- October 2015
- June 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- November 2012
- April 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- October 2009
- September 2009
- April 2006